2009-S Silver Proof Territories Quarter Guam (40 Coins)
These 2009-S Silver Proof US Territories Quarter Guam coins were pulled from sealed U.S. Mint silver proof sets. Extreme care was taken not to touch or contaminate these silver proof quarters in any way. To preserve their condition, the coins were placed in a plastic tube holder and were extracted from the original slabs using cotton gloves.
- 2009-S Silver Proof US Territories Quarter Guam.
- Pre-1965 composition of 90% Silver.
- Obverse: Features a redesign of the Washington quarter. Although John Flanagan’s original portrait of George Washington remains, the inscriptions and their placement are changed. Encircling the coin’s top rim is “United States of America.” At the bottom is “Quarter Dollar.” To the left of the portrait is “Liberty,” and to the right is “In God We Trust,” and the “S” mint mark.
- Reverse: Like the U.S. 50 State Quarters Program, the District of Columbia and the Territories feature designs, which commemorate a unique aspect of the six individual locations. Inscriptions include the location’s name encircling the top rim. The design chosen for each location dominates the center field. Below the featured design are “E Pluribus Unum.” and “2009,” the release year for all six coins.
- Produced at San Francisco in Proof condition.
- Individual coins shipped in protective plastic flip.
- Complete roll of 40 quarters ship in a hard plastic tube.
Important To Note
- These coins were only inspected to verify the year and count.
- They were not inspected to cull for cameos, deep cameos, variations, toned coins or mint errors.
- Expect to receive a mix of mostly gem proofs and a few toned/discolored/tarnished coins.
- The roll was comprised of a random inventory of 40 silver proof slabs. It is from that random inventory that your purchase will be pulled.
- The older the coins, the more likely it is to receive toned/discolored or tarnished coins.
- The photo attached to this listing is a stock photo, but a representation as to what you will receive.
The District of Columbia and United States Territories Quarter Program was introduced immediately following the completion of the 10-year U.S. 50 State Quarters program. As with the State Quarters, the purpose of this program was to honor the District of Columbia and each of the U.S. Territories.
A design evaluation process was implemented to ensure that the final design selected for each coin would, indeed, honor each location. Seven steps were imposed, which provided for each Territory and the District of Columbia to engage directly in the design concept selection. This brought the project down to the local representatives, who would be in the best position to evaluate the concepts. The resulting designs speak for themselves as to their, “…aesthetic beauty, historical accuracy, appropriateness and coinabilty” (Step 3).
The order of the releases were:
- The District of Columbia
- The Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- American Samoa
- The United States Virgin Islands
- The Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
These are truly beautiful coins and do indeed honor each location for their uniqueness and contributions to the United States!