2013 Silver 5 oz ATB Mount Rushmore NP Early Release NGC MS69PL
These 2010 Silver 5 oz Mount Rushmore National Park, South Dakota – America the Beautiful – Early Release NGC MS69PL graded coins began their journey leaving from the Philadelphia Mint in a sealed monster box. Each ATB sealed monster box comes with 10 rolls of 10 coins per roll, totaling 100 coins per box. In order to be graded, these ATB coins went on to NGC, which is a reputable 3rd party coin grading company. Each graded coin was then sealed in a hard case and certified with its specific grade. This certification process results in coins that carry a higher value than ungraded coins of the same release.
Important NGC Notes
NGC Grade Types
MS – Mint State / SP – Standard Proof / DMPL – Deep Mirror Proof Like / PL – Proof Like / BU – Brilliant Uncirculated
NGC Early Release Definition
The NGC Early Release program designates coins issued in the first 30 days of the Mint’s release. This designation not only adds value to modern coins, but takes modern coin collecting to another level with multiple Mint releases each year.
This Mount Rushmore 5 oz Silver ATB is much more than a beautiful, investment bullion grade collectable coin. It features an awe-inspiring, National historical site. As with all ATB coin releases, the sites represented are true National treasures, having deep historical, cultural or natural significance.
Be sure to check out this National Park Service site for more info on the Mount Rushmore National Park. Then, when your new coins arrive, make it a teachable moment with your kids. Never miss an opportunity to get your children involved!
- Contains: 5 Troy oz of .999 fine silver.
- The largest silver bullion coins ever issued by the United States Mint.
- Graded Singles come sealed in a hard case, independently graded and numbered by NGC.
- Design of the coins duplicates exactly (though enlarged) each of the America the Beautiful Quarters series.
- Obverse: Common to entire series, depicting George Washington in a restored version of the portrait created by John Flanagan for the 1932 Washington quarter.
- Reverse: The reverse design features the truly magnificent sight of this 60 ft. mountain sculpture in the process of being sculpted. Pictured is a workman with hammer and chisel in hand. Dangling from a rope, he sits in a work swing, as he smooths the details of Thomas Jefferson’s face. Mount Rushmore was established as a National Memorial in 1925, two years prior to commencing the massive undertaking of sculpting these four portraits into the Mount’s solid granite face, Featuring four U.S. Presidents, who stood at highly definitive junctures in our Nation’s history during its 1st 150 years. George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, and Theodore Roosevelt, each faced the times in which they served with distinction. This ATB coin design also seeks to represent this amazing National Monument with distinction.
- Reverse Design – Joseph Menna, Sculptor-engraver.
- Edge: Smooth edge inscribed with the coin specifications: “.999 Fine Silver 5.0 Ounce.”
Authorization for 5 oz 0.999 fine silver ATB coins was enacted in 2008. With the America’s Beautiful National Parks Quarter Dollar Coin Act of 2008 (Public Law 110-456), popular series was born. The designs of America the Beautiful 5 oz coins replicate those of the US Mint’s America the Beautiful Quarters. The bullion coins are three inches in diameter and have a nominal face value of 25 cents. These are the first five ounce, three inch, 0.999 fine silver bullion coins ever produced by the United States Mint. The fineness and weight are edge-incused on the coins.
These unique silver bullion coins feature reverse designs depicting national parks and other national sites in each state. Included are District of Columbia and U.S. territories, Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, U.S. Virgin Islands and Northern Mariana Islands. The coins are being issued in the order each featured site was established as a national park or site. Investors can now choose bullion coins that honor some of our Nation’s most treasured national parks and sites. Those featured are amazing, majestic places, which truly make us “America the Beautiful.”
Investment Grade Bullion
ATB silver bullion coins are investment-grade bullion coins, with their weight, content and purity guaranteed by the U.S. government. The coins are also legal tender, although their quarter-dollar face value is merely symbolic. ATB silver bullion coins sell at prevailing silver market prices, plus a moderate premium to cover production and other costs. Silver is typically the lowest-priced precious metal; making these bullion coins an affordable choice for most investors and collectors.
Distinguishing Bullion and Uncirculated
There are three ways to distinguish between Bullion and Uncirculated ATBs.
- Under the “In God we Trust” inscription, the uncirculated coins feature a “P” symbol representing the Philadelphia mint, whereas the bullion coins do not have a mintmark.
- Uncirculated coins are vapor blasted after minting, giving them a matte finish, while bullion coins have a shinier finish.
- The uncirculated coin also comes with a certificate of authenticity from the Mint and is placed inside a plastic capsule and then in a mint-issued box.