2013 Silver 1.5 oz Canada Polar Bear (10 Coins)
With this 2013 premier release, the Royal Canadian Mint introduces a new silver bullion coin series. Following a similar theme of their earlier 1 oz Canadian Wildlife series, this new one is certain to find a welcome acceptance. The increased weight of 1.5 oz, produced a thicker coin (4.5 mm), while maintaining the same diameter as that of the 1 oz Maple Leaf, as well as the earlier Wildlife series. With the added weight and designs as stunning as this 2013 Silver 1.5 oz Canada Polar Bear, this new series anticipates wide popularity among both collectors and precious metals investors world-wide.
This first release features the Arctic Polar Bear, which is believed to be in danger of extinction, with only an estimated 20,000 bears left in the wild. The lone bear is depicted walking along the solitude of the vast, frigid Canadian arctic. Its massive size and tremendous strength is clearly displayed by its heavy muscle tone. You can sense the stillness of this arctic scene interrupted as the bear’s massive paws hit the ice as it lumbers along. This amazing animal is portrayed in this brilliant and striking design in its harsh, untamed native environment.
- 2013 Silver 1.5 oz Canada Polar Bear.
- Contains 1.5 troy oz of .9999 fine silver.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, with inscriptions “Elizabeth II” the release year and 8 Dollar face value.
- Reverse: Displays a striking design featuring a single polar bear walking along the frigid Canadian arctic. Also included are the coin’s weight and purity in both English and French. Arched above the bear is proudly displayed “Canada.”
- $8 (CAD) face value.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
The Arctic Polar Bear isn’t the first animal to be featured on the Royal Canadian Mint’s coveted pure silver coins. Their earlier Canadian Wildlife series also brought much attention to other struggling species in the wild.
This 2013 premier release introduces this new Canadian wildlife themed, 1.5 oz .9999 fine silver coin series. It is highly anticipated to afford additional, finely detailed views of the amazingly diverse world of the Canadian wildlife in their own untamed habitats.