Introduced in 2011, the Royal Canadian Mint’s silver Wildlife Series of coins have become a favorite among both collectors and precious metal investors. A total of six different Canadian wildlife species are represented in these 1 oz .9999 fine silver bullion coins. This beautifully crafted 2013 Pronghorn Antelope, the fifth release in the series, is a prime example of this amazing animals detail captured by the coins designer, Emily S. Damstra.
The coins have a face value of $5, and the obverse features the right-facing profile of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, created in 2003 by Canadian portrait artist Susanna Blunt.
- Contains 1 troy oz of .9999 fine silver.
- Release five of the six-coin Canadian Wildlife Series
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: Centered and displayed in high relief is a beautifully detailed Pronghorn Antelope, with rolling fields of prairie grass as a backdrop. Also, inscriptions of the weight, and purity are in English and French, with Canada arched above the animal.
- $5 face value
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
This finely-crafted, Royal Canadian silver Canadian Wildlife Series represents some of the most beautiful wildlife designs available. Each release has been well received and highly sought after.