2014 Silver 1 oz Australia Perth Lunar Horse
Proudly offered by the Perth Mint each year is a distinctive design represented by one of 12 animals in the ancient Chinese lunar calendar. For 2014, the Horse, the seventh animal in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac is celebrated. This beautiful 1 oz .999 coin will be a treasured and valuable addition to your collection.
The birth dates for people ruled by the Chinese Lunar horse include 1930, 1942, 1954, 1966, 1978, 1990, 2002, 2014. The horse is a symbol of happiness and liberty and those born under the influence of the sign are said to be fiercely independent, hardworking, energetic, optimistic and animated.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 pure silver.
- Part of Perth Mint Lunar Series II.
- Very Limited Mintage.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
- Obverse: Displays the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the coins weight and purity, and the (AU) face value.
- Reverse: Depicts two horses standing within a stylized Chinese landscape. The Chinese character for "horse" and the inscription "Year of the Horse" also appear in the design with The Perth Mint's traditional "P" mintmark.
Every year, the Australian Lunar silver bullion coin series comprises seven size variations. Each coin portrays an image of the appropriate animal and its Chinese "pinyin" character.