2014 Silver 1.5 oz Canada Arctic Fox (15 Coins)
With this 2014 Silver 1.5 oz Canada Arctic Fox release, the Royal Canadian Mint issues the second coin in the series introduced in 2013. Following a similar theme of their earlier 1 oz Canadian Wildlife series, this current one has found welcome acceptance. The increased weight of 1.5 oz, produced a thicker coin (4.5 mm), while maintaining the same diameter as that of the 1 oz Maple Leaf, as well as the earlier Wildlife series. This has made this series extremely popular among both collectors and precious metals investors world-wide.
Designed by Canadian artist, Maurice Gervais, a lone fox stands alert with the frozen arctic tundra stretching into the background. The fine detail of the engraving creates a very active and attractive design. The fox’s beautiful fur is thick, displaying its fine texture and shading. You can see in the fox’s face, it is at alert, with its head turned to look back at something it senses nearby. Its stance reveals a full-body view, including its very full and fluffy tail. This is a wonderful, natural wildlife scene that displays something of the richness of the Canadian arctic wilderness.
- 2014 Silver 1.5 oz Canada Arctic Fox.
- Contains 1.5 troy oz of .9999 fine silver.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, with inscriptions “Elizabeth II” the release year and 8 Dollar face value.
- Reverse: Displays a striking design depicting a lone Arctic Fox standing alert with the frozen tundra stretching into the background. Also included are the coin’s weight and purity in both English and French. Arched above the bear is proudly displayed “Canada.”
- $8 (CAD) face value.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
This 2014 release is the second in this Canadian wildlife themed, 1.5 oz .9999 fine silver coin series. The increased weight and amazing designs have been very well received by both collectors and investors. The first release of 2013 featured the Arctic Polar Bear.