The second coin in the Canadian Birds of Prey series, launched in August 2014, depicts the Canadian bald eagle. Again, the Royal Canadian Mint commissioned Emily Damstra for the design. She has created an intricate illustration of the bald eagle in full flight, clutching a hapless fish in its claws. It has a theme whose appeal and relevance transcends borders, according to the mints interim president and CEO Marc Brûlé. This is truly a beautifully designed 1 oz .9999 silver coin, which has proven highly popular among collectors and precious metals investors.
- Contains 1 troy oz of .9999 fine silver.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and 5 Dollar face value.
- Reverse: Displays an intricately designed bald eagle in full flight, clutching a hapless fish in its claws. Also included are the weight and purity in both English and French. Arched above the falcon is Canada. The artists initials, ED are displayed to the right center, under the tip of the eagles wing.
- $5 face value
- Coins come direct from a sealed Monster Box. Multiples of 25 are packaged in mint tubes.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Some of Canadas most iconic birds are commemorated in the Royal Canadian Mints four-coin collection: the Birds of Prey series. This silver coin series was released by the Royal Canadian Mint in 2014 and 2015 to celebrate the nations native bird-life. According to Ian E. Bennett, then president and CEO of the Royal Canadian Mint, the collection was released not only to solidify our reputation for quality but also to capture the imagination of our customers with distinctly Canadian themes.
The Birds of Prey series had a staggered release, with the first launched in February 2014, the second in August 2014, the third in February 2015, and the final coin in August 2015.
Each piece is a full one-ounce coin made of 99.99% fine silver and crafted in an attractive bullion finish. The Royal Canadian Mint guarantees the authenticity and silver content of every item from the Birds of Prey coin series.