The 2014 1 oz .999 fine silver Lunar Britannia is the first silver coin series struck by The Royal Mint using their anti-counterfeiting privy marked rim technique. The privy mark for this release consists of eight iconic, Year of the Horse emblems from the Chinese Lunar Calendar, circling the rims edge.
The obverse displays Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, and the 2 pounds face value. The reverse features the helmeted Lady Britannia. She stands with a trident grasped in one hand to defend the seas, and in the other, a shield, graced with the image of Great Britains flag to defend the realm. As a symbol of strength and integrity, Britannia has for centuries been featured on British coinage. She is encircled with the inscriptions, Britannia – 2016- 1 oz – 999 Fine Silver.
- Contains 1 troy oz of .999 fine silver.
- Obverse: Displays Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, and the 2 pounds face value.
- Reverse: Features the helmeted Lady Britannia, standing with a trident grasped in one hand and shield in the other.
- 2 pound face value
- Individual coins come in protective plastic flips.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.