2014 Silver Great Britain Lunar Horse 1 oz (20 Coins)
The Royal Mint’s brand new Shengxiào Collection is finally unveiled! The anticipation has continued to grow since the series was first announced. Featuring the Year of the Horse, the new series introduces the uniquely stylized design of Wuon-Gean Ho. This brilliant, and highly accomplished British Chinese artist and printmaker was honored by the Royal Mint with this series commission. She has certainly established a high benchmark for herself by this inaugural release!
Elegant and Powerful
The obverse design for the series features Ian Rank-Broadley’s beautiful portrait of Queen Elizabeth II. Encircling the image at the rim are the inscriptions, “ELIZABETH II -D.G.-REG-FID-DEF-2 POUNDS.”
The reverse design is truly breathtaking! Featuring the Year of the Horse, Wuon-Gean Ho’s design is both elegant and surging with energy. The horse is in full gallop, with all four hooves in the air. She raises her head high, and is looking to her left, revealing a full profile, while she tosses her mane. Her muscle tone is sleek, yet powerful. The scene is highlighted by her unusually long tail, swoshing high behind her. You will love this very attractive and powerful scene!
One of the traditions often included in celebrating the Chinese Lunar New Year is that of gifting. The giving of a thoughtful token is accompanied with the hope for good fortune to bless the recipient’s home. What could be more thoughtful than the gift of a fine silver coin designed to honor the Chinese New Year? This coin is released in Brilliant Uncirculated condition.
This 12 year Chinese lunar calendar series will continue to astound us with each new release. And that includes this inaugural release, 2014 1 oz Silver Lunar Horse Royal Mint BU coin. It will most certainly make a great addition to your Lunar coin collection!
- 2014 1 oz Silver Lunar Horse Royal Mint BU.
- Contains 1 troy oz of .999 fine silver.
- Obverse: Displays Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Inscriptions include, “Queen Elizabeth II, D.G. REG, F.D. 2 Pounds” face value.
- Reverse: Features a beautifully stylized galloping horse design. Arched over the horse are the inscriptions, “Year of the Hors” along with the year of issue.
- 2 pound face value.
- Individual coins come in protective plastic flips.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.