2014 Silver 1 oz Tokelau Tuna
The 2014 1 oz Silver coin from the New Zealand territory of Tokelau features a magnificent image of a Yellowfin Tuna, with mouth wide open swimming through a coral reef. Minted in 1 oz .999 fine silver, this first coin designed for the new Tokelau Fish Series highlights the remarkable aquatic wildlife of the South Pacific.
- Please note: Coins are Toned.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine silver.
- First design introducing the Tokelau Fish Series.
- Limited mintage of 250,000.
- Obverse: Depicts the likeness of Queen Elizabeth II along with the Tuluma, which is the national symbol of Tokelau. The Tuluma is a wooden tackle box used by the fishermen of Tokelau, inscribed with ‘Tokelau mot e Atua, meaning, ‘Tokelau for God,’ referencing the influence of Christianity in Tokelau. Also included are the inscriptions, ”Tokelau 2014,” the coin’s weight and purity, and its Five Dollar face value.
- Reverse: Features a very active depiction of a Yellowfin Tuna, with mouth wide open swimming through a coral reef. Also includes the inscriptions, ”Kakahi – Yellowfin Tuna” and ”Tokelau.”
- Sovereign coin backed by the government of Tokelau.
This is the first coin design of this exciting new Tokelau Fish series. From the stunning inaugural design of this Yellowfin Tuna, the series has established a high benchmark for future releases. We are looking forward to seeing the series develop!