2015 Canadian Maple Leaf 1 oz .9995 fine palladium bullion releases this year with unique security features.
Replacing the bullion finish on earlier coins, the radial lines in the 2015 Palladium Maple Leaf’s field have been precisely machined to within micrometers on the master tooling to ensure reproducibility from die to die and coin to coin. The uniqueness of the line width and pitch gives this coin a characteristic look, and creates a light diffracting pattern that is specific to this coin.
Combined with a visual security feature a textured maple leaf micro engraved with laser technology on a small area of the reverse side, with the numeral 15 denoting the coin’s year of issuethis coin represents the cutting edge in coin security.
The obverse displays the Ian Rank-Broadley profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and $50 face value. The reverse features the Canadian Maple Leaf, with the new radial lines in the field. Also included is the laser-engraved security feature of a small maple leaf displaying the number 15, for the release year. inscribed around the maple leaf are CANADA, .9995 FINE PALLADIUM, and 1 OZ PALLADIUM PUR.
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .9995 fine palladium content.
- Enhanced security features.
- Obverse: Features a bust of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Includes a large, detailed image of a Maple Leaf, the national symbol of Canada, from which the coin derives its name. Also inscribed are the coins weight and purity in both English and French, the national languages of Canada.
- Individual coins come in protective plastic flips.