2015 Silver 1 Kilo Australia Perth Koala
Perth Mint's Australian Koala series was first introduced to the public in 2007. That inaugural release was an immediate global success. The popularity of the series has only grown from there. Of course, one of primary the reasons for the sustained interest is the featured subject! Who could possibly resist these gentle, adorable animals? Along with the kangaroo, and kookaburra, the koala is recognized worldwide as an iconic example of Australian wildlife.
Anticipation builds towards each annual release, as Perth prepares to unveil a new koala design. The obverse remains consistent for the series, displaying the beautiful portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, created by Ian Rank-Broadley. For 2015, the new reverse design features a finely detailed adult koala comfortably resting in the crook of an old eucalyptus tree. The koala is lazily looking off into the distance. High grasses surrounding the tree fade into a nice outback bush landscape to the horizon. Some leaves are rustling just above its head. This very nice 2015 Silver 1 Kilo Australia Perth Koala coin will certainly grace your growing bullion collection!
- Contains 1 Kilo of .9999 pure silver.
- Obverse: Bears the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the 30 Dollars (AU) face value.
- Reverse: Features an adult koala sitting in old eucalyptus tree, lazily looking off into the distance. A nice Australian bush landscape in the background. Also included are the inscriptions "Australian Koala," the date, coin's weight and purity, and the Perth Mint's "P" mintmark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
- Limited mintage of only 300,000 coins.