2015 Silver 1 oz Australia Perth Kookaburra (5 Coins)
With this 2015 release, the Perth Mint celebrates 25 years of the Australian Kookaburra bullion coin series! These coins have a mintage of 500,000 coins and are made of .999 fine Silver.
From its introduction in 1990, the Kookaburra’s popularity worldwide has been remarkable. Anticipation builds as each new release date approaches, and annual pre-sale volumes also continue to increase.
This 25th anniversary reverse design features the original 1990 design of an adult Kookaburra sitting on a tree stump surrounded by eucalyptus leaves and a fern. The fine detail of both the bird and the tree trunk is stunning. Also included are the inscriptions, ”Australian Kookaburra,” the anniversary date range of 1990-2015, and the coin’s weight and purity. For the anniversary release, the Perth mintmark was modified to “P25.”
- Contains: 1 Troy oz of .999 pure silver.
- Obverse: Bears the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the 1 Dollar (AU) face value.
- Reverse: In honor of the Kookaburra series 25th anniversary, the reverse design features the original 1990 design of an adult Kookaburra sitting on a tree stump surrounded by eucalyptus leaves and a fern.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
- Packaged individually in a protective plastic capsule.
First released in 1990, the Kookaburra series has been an overwhelming success in popularity. The series was the first from Perth Mint to feature a new reverse design each year. This is also Perth’s longest running series. The Kookaburra maintains a growing a worldwide following, which increases with each year’s release.