2015 Silver 1 oz Australia Perth Lunar Goat (5 Coins)
Proudly offered by the Perth Mint each year is a distinctive design represented by one of 12 animals in the ancient Chinese lunar calendar. For 2015, the Goat, the eighth animal in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac is celebrated. This beautiful 1 oz .999 coin will be a treasured and valuable addition to your collection.
The birth dates for people ruled by the Chinese Lunar goat include 1919, 1931, 1943, 1955, 1967, 1979, 1991, 2003 and 2015. Those born under the influence of this sign are said to be elegant, charming, artistic, gifted and calm.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 pure silver.
- Part of Perth Mints Lunar Series II.
- Very Limited Mintage.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
- Obverse: Displays the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the coin’s weight and purity, and the (AU) face value.
- Reverse: Features a family of three goats standing in a stylized rural scene. The Chinese character for “goat” and the inscription “Year of the Goat” also appear in the design with The Perth Mint’s traditional “P” mintmark.
Every year, the Australian Lunar silver bullion coin series comprises seven size variations. Each coin portrays an image of the appropriate animal and its Chinese “pinyin” character.