Viking Series – 2015 King Cnut
This finely crafted 2 oz silver bullion coin is part of the Scottsdale Mint’s Vikings: Gods, Kings, and Warriors series. The strength of character and firmness of resolve history paints of this King is captured in this coin’s exquisite detail. King Cnut’s forward-facing portrait centers focus on his set brow and dark eyes.
Although you want to study his regal crown, its hard to look up from his fixed eyes. The texturing and shading at once makes it appear that the king is looking both at, and further beyond you. This is the mark of a man who knew just where he was standing in history, and looked squarely to the future.
King Cnut is featured in the first release of the 15-coin Vikings: Gods, Kings, and Warriors series from the Scottsdale Mint. This is the man who united England, Denmark, Norway and parts of Sweden into one North Sea Empire (Anglo-Scandinavian Empire).
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Struck in an incredibly stunning high-relief antique finish.
- Housed in a round wooden display box designed with a short cross quatrefoil, which was on the King Cnut coins minted during his reign, surrounded by the Runic alphabet.
- Obverse: Displays the Raphael Maklouf likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II surrounded by the weight, purity, and face value.
- Reverse: Features a depiction of King Cnut wearing a crown and holding a scepter. His cloak clasp is a quatrefoil coin design, popular when Cnut was in power and the type he would have minted. Above him is “Cnut Rex Anglorum” written in Runic, which translates to “Cnut, King of England.”
- Edge: Laser etched serial number, from 1 to 1,999, matches the serial number found on the included certificate of authenticity.
Do you want to learn more about the legacy and legends surrounding this key figure of Norse history and mythology? Here is a good place to begin:Cnut the Great
Scottsdale Mint stands tall as one of the most highly regarded and globally recognized private mints in the industry. A U.S. based company, Scottsdale made an unflinching commitment to quality consistency in every step of their business and manufacturing processes. With ISO 9001 certification, they are prepared to bring together innovation, creativity, quality, and efficiency into their finished products. Investors in precious metals demand the finest and the Scottsdale hallmark provides the name and backing for peace of mind!
Scottsdale is often envied by their peers for some of the most stunning and unique series designs in the private sector. The impeccable skill of their creative staff is clearly displayed with each new coin released. Though other mints may envy, Scottsdale customers anxiously await each release of their favorite series! Their anticipation is never disappointed.
Scottsdale Mint has also established themselves in the global market. Providing creative design and minting services to smaller nations around the world, they produce those countries’ legal tender bullion coinage.
BOLD Precious Metals is honored to be among Scottsdale’s prestigious list of Authorized Dealers, and proud to offer many of their products at some of the lowest prices available!