Viking Series – 2015 Odin
This finely crafted 2 oz silver bullion coin is part of the Scottsdale Mint’s Vikings: Gods, Kings, and Warriors series. With detail reserved for some of the most highly crafted bullion coinage, Odin is displayed in his strength and glory. Seated upon his throne, surrounded by his powerful helpers, his strong grip upon his spear, he leans forward. Odin’s sharp eye is keenly watching over his realm. As both a god and king, his rule over Asgard is not to be rivaled or opposed without deadly consequence.
This second release in the Scottsdale Mint’s 15-coin Vikings: Gods, Kings, and Warrior series features Odin. Once again, the design and engraving features such detailed textures and shading that the subject is brought to life! Every element in the scene is as though you were looking into the great hall through a small window. From the stern expression on Odin’s face, to his powerful muscular arms, all comes together to display his enthroned authority. This is another coin in this series you do not want to miss!
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Struck in an incredibly stunning high-relief antique finish.
- Housed in a round wooden display box designed with the Triple Horn of Odin, which is three interlocked drinking horns, surrounded by the Runic alphabet.
- Obverse: Displays the Raphael Maklouf likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II surrounded by the weight, purity, and face value.
- Reverse: Features a depiction of God Odin setting on his throne, Hlidskjalf, shrouded in mist. He is flanked by his shamanic helpers, two ravens, Huginn and Muninn, and two wolves, Geri and Freki. The background features a wooden slat wall as his throne sits in the hall, Valaskialf.
- Edge: Laser etched serial number, from 1 to 1,999, matches the serial number found on the included certificate of authenticity.
Do you want to learn more about the legacy and legends surrounding this key figure of Norse history and mythology? Here is a good place to begin:Norse Mythology – ODIN
Scottsdale Mint stands tall as one of the most highly regarded and globally recognized private mints in the industry. A U.S. based company, Scottsdale made an unflinching commitment to quality consistency in every step of their business and manufacturing processes. With ISO 9001 certification, they are prepared to bring together innovation, creativity, quality, and efficiency into their finished products. Investors in precious metals demand the finest and the Scottsdale hallmark provides the name and backing for peace of mind!
Scottsdale is often envied by their peers for some of the most stunning and unique series designs in the private sector. The impeccable skill of their creative staff is clearly displayed with each new coin released. Though other mints may envy, Scottsdale customers anxiously await each release of their favorite series! Their anticipation is never disappointed.
Scottsdale Mint has also established themselves in the global market. Providing creative design and minting services to smaller nations around the world, they produce those countries’ legal tender bullion coinage.
BOLD Precious Metals is honored to be among Scottsdale’s prestigious list of Authorized Dealers, and proud to offer many of their products at some of the lowest prices available!