Viking Series – 2015 Ragnar
This finely crafted 2 oz silver bullion coin is part of the Scottsdale Mint’s Vikings: Gods, Kings, and Warriors series. The coin’s design has a heavy darkness, which seems to be following this much feared warrior. The many fierce battles through which this Viking leader cut his path, are seen reflected in the harshness of his expression. The high forehead, and his deeply set eyes are etched with the realities of his history. Accented by his long, braided beard, his unflinching battle-stance tells his story.
This third release in the Scottsdale Mint’s 15-coin Vikings: Gods, Kings, and Warrior series features Ragnar, a well-known Viking warrior turned ruler. His many exploits made him the scourge of England and France. Pictured ready for battle, he already stands as a leader of victors. Though his end awaits him daily, perhaps it will not be this day. Don’t pass on this coin. We fear Ragnar would not think so kindly upon your timidity!
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Struck in an incredibly stunning high-relief antique finish.
- Housed in a round wooden display box designed with a large valknut, comprised of three interlocking triangles standing for “Slain Warrior,” surrounded by the Runic alphabet.
- Obverse: Displays the Raphael Maklouf likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II surrounded by the weight, purity, and face value.
- Reverse: Features a depiction of Ragnar in 9th century Viking attire and weaponry. Readied for battle with a Goosewing fighting axe grasped in his right hand. In his belt hangs a sheathed sword, and a battle-damaged round shield is at his left side. His shoulders are graced with a Nordic fox cloak, and a valknut necklace hangs long around his neck, showing his devotion to Odin. Tightly encircling the coin’s rim is a Celtic ring with seven rune stones spelling his name.
- Edge: Laser etched serial number, from 1 to 1,999, matches the serial number found on the included certificate of authenticity.
Do you want to learn more about the legacy and legends surrounding this key figure of Norse history and mythology? Here is a good place to begin:
Scottsdale Mint stands tall as one of the most highly regarded and globally recognized private mints in the industry. A U.S. based company, Scottsdale made an unflinching commitment to quality consistency in every step of their business and manufacturing processes. With ISO 9001 certification, they are prepared to bring together innovation, creativity, quality, and efficiency into their finished products. Investors in precious metals demand the finest and the Scottsdale hallmark provides the name and backing for peace of mind!
Scottsdale is often envied by their peers for some of the most stunning and unique series designs in the private sector. The impeccable skill of their creative staff is clearly displayed with each new coin released. Though other mints may envy, Scottsdale customers anxiously await each release of their favorite series! Their anticipation is never disappointed.
Scottsdale Mint has also established themselves in the global market. Providing creative design and minting services to smaller nations around the world, they produce those countries’ legal tender bullion coinage.
BOLD Precious Metals is honored to be among Scottsdale’s prestigious list of Authorized Dealers, and proud to offer many of their products at some of the lowest prices available!