The fourth and final coin in the Canadian Birds of Prey series features an image of the great horned owl in the moment before it swoops in on its prey. In this final coin of the series, Emily Damstra was again commissioned by the Royal Canadian Mint to create a unique design that would capture the full magnificence of this creature.
The results are unrivaled in its elegance and detail. The birds figure is finished in a frosted relief, with the background featuring a unique lined and textured background. This beautiful coin has captured the attention of collectors and precious metal investors world-wide.
- Contains 1 troy oz of .9999 fine silver.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and 5 Dollar face value.
- Reverse: Displays an intricately designed great horned owl, with wings spread full, a moment before its talons grasp its prey. Also included are the weight and purity in both English and French. Arched above the owl is Canada. The artists initials, ED are displayed to the lower left, just above the owls tail feathers.
- $5 face value
- Coins come direct from a sealed Monster Box. Multiples of 25 are packaged in mint tubes.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Some of Canadas most iconic birds are commemorated in the Royal Canadian Mints four-coin collection: the Birds of Prey series. This silver coin series was released by the Royal Canadian Mint in 2014 and 2015 to celebrate the nations native bird-life. According to Ian E. Bennett, then president and CEO of the Royal Canadian Mint, the collection was released not only to solidify our reputation for quality but also to capture the imagination of our customers with distinctly Canadian themes.
The Birds of Prey series had a staggered release, with the first launched in February 2014, the second in August 2014, the third in February 2015, and the final coin in August 2015.
Each piece is a full one-ounce coin made of 99.99% fine silver and crafted in an attractive bullion finish. The Royal Canadian Mint guarantees the authenticity and silver content of every item from the Birds of Prey coin series.