The third coin in the Canadian Birds of Prey series features the magnificent red-tailed hawk. The design of this 2015 1 oz .9999 fine silver coin has been rendered with breathtaking detail, capturing every feature of this fierce raptor.
As with the previous releases, Emily Damstra was commissioned by the Royal Canadian Mint to create the design of this fine coin. This is a very distinctive display of the power and beauty of such an amazing creature. It has certainly captured the attention of collectors and precious metal investors across the globe.
- Contains 1 troy oz of .9999 fine silver.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and 5 Dollar face value.
- Reverse: Displays an intricately designed red-tailed hawk in full flight, with wings spread full, and its talons ready to grasp its prey. Also included are the weight and purity in both English and French. Arched above the falcon is Canada. The artists initials, ED are displayed to the lower left, just above the falcons tail feathers.
- $5 face value
- Coins come direct from a sealed Monster Box. Multiples of 25 are packaged in mint tubes.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Some of Canadas most iconic birds are commemorated in the Royal Canadian Mints four-coin collection: the Birds of Prey series. This silver coin series was released by the Royal Canadian Mint in 2014 and 2015 to celebrate the nations native bird-life. According to Ian E. Bennett, then president and CEO of the Royal Canadian Mint, the collection was released not only to solidify our reputation for quality but also to capture the imagination of our customers with distinctly Canadian themes.
The Birds of Prey series had a staggered release, with the first launched in February 2014, the second in August 2014, the third in February 2015, and the final coin in August 2015.
Each piece is a full one-ounce coin made of 99.99% fine silver and crafted in an attractive bullion finish. The Royal Canadian Mint guarantees the authenticity and silver content of every item from the Birds of Prey coin series.