Proudly offered by the Perth Mint each year is a distinctive design represented by one of 12 animals in the ancient Chinese lunar calendar. For 2016, the Monkey, the ninth animal in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac is celebrated. This beautiful 1 oz .9999 gold coin will be a treasured and valuable addition to your collection.
The birth dates for people ruled by the Chinese Lunar monkey include 1920, 1932, 1944, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004 and 2016. Those born under the influence of this sign are said to be intelligent, quick-witted, optimistic, ambitious and adventurous.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine gold.
- Part of Perth Mints Lunar Series II.
- Extremely Limited Mintages.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
- Obverse: Displays the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the coins weight and purity, and the 100 Dollar (AU) face value.
- Reverse: Features an adult monkey looking back over its shoulder as it sits in a peach tree the peach tree signifies a long, healthy life in the Chinese culture. The Chinese character for ‘monkey’ and the inscription ‘Year of the Monkey’ also appear in the design with The Perth Mints traditional ‘P’ mintmark.
|Face Weight:||1 troy oz|
|Standardized Weight:||1 oz|