2016 Gold Austria Philharmonic 1/2 oz
The 1/2 oz .9999 fine gold Austrian Gold Philharmonic is one of the most popular gold coins on the bullion market. Although the series was introduced in 1989, the 1/2 oz size was first released in 1994, denominated in Austrian schillings (ATS). The coin’s denomination was changed in 2003, to €50 (EUR).
This stunningly beautiful 2016 Gold Austrian Philharmonic coin is in Brilliant Uncirculated condition. The design is a wonderful tribute to Austria’s cultural heritage, especially that of their contribution to world music. The marvelous array of musical instruments displayed on the obverse, is truly gorgeous. The design literally sparkles in the bright, crispness of the brilliant uncirculated finish of the coin.
The presentation on the reverse of the Great Organ of the Musikverein, in Inner Stadt, Vienna is magnificent! This is the concert hall where the famed Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra performs. This 2016 Gold Austria Philharmonic 1/2 oz in BU condition will certainly grace your growing collection!
- 2016 Gold Austria Philharmonic 1/2 oz.
- Contains 1/2 troy oz of .9999 fine 24 carat gold.
- Legal tender in Austria, face value of € 50 (EUR).
- Stunningly bright design.
- Obverse: Displays The Great Organ of the Golden Hall in Vienna’s concert hall, the Musikverein, with the inscriptions, “Republic Osterreich,” the coin’s weight, face value, and year of release.
- Reverse: Features a wide array of musical instruments, encircled by the inscription, “Wiender Philharmoniker.”
- Individual coins come in protective plastic flips.
An affordable introduction to a famous series, the Vienna Philharmonic bullion coin series was launched by the Austrian Mint in 1989. Its classic design featuring the instruments of its namesake, the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra, is retained from year to year. In 2003, the Vienna Philharmonic series changed from Austrian Schillings to Euros This was the first European legal tender bullion coin series denominated in Euros.
Fractional Sizes Introduced
The Gold Philharmonic bullion series introduced their 1 oz and 1/4 oz sizes in 1989, and continued to expand fractional options in the ensuing years.
- 1989 – 1 Troy oz. | € 100 (EUR).
- 1989 – 1/4 Troy oz. | € 25 (EUR).
- 1991 – 1/10 Troy oz. | € 10 (EUR).
- 1994 – 1/2 Troy oz. | € 50 (EUR).
- 2014 – 1/25 Troy oz. | € 4 (EUR).