The 2016 Britannia 1 oz Gold Bullion Coin contains one troy ounce of 999.9 fine gold (24 carat). Britannia is one of the worlds oldest coin icons and this classic design is recognized and respected across the world as a symbol of beauty, reliability and strength. In a new development for 2016, this coin now features the fifth definitive coinage portrait of Her Majesty The Queen.
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .9999 pure gold content.
- Obverse: New for 2016, now featuring design of bust of Queen Elizabeth II, by Jody Clark.
- Reverse: Includes the figure of Britannia holding a trident and shield.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
- Individual coins come in protective plastic flips.
Britannia gold coins were first launched by the Royal Mint in 1987 as a rival to the highly popular Krugerrand. These striking coins soon became an international favorite and today, they are prized by investors for their purity and outstanding quality. Originally, Britannias were produced as a 22 carat (.917) coin but since 2013 they have been minted with a fineness of .9999. The 2016 coin contains one troy ounce of pure 24 carat gold and is an excellent choice for those who want to add fine gold to their portfolio.
Why choose the 2016 1 oz. Britannia Gold?
Gold is a safe haven for your capital and a popular choice for those who wish to make gold part of a pension fund or long term investment. Gold 2016 Britannia 1 oz. coins have a face value of £100 backed by the British government. They are always in demand and easy to trade, even during times of crisis.