Introduced in 1988, the Royal Canadian Mint’s Platinum Maple Leaf coins are among the purest platinum coins on the market, making them highly desirable and tradable. The Platinum Maple Leaf bullion coin from the Royal Canadian Mint was the world’s best selling platinum coin in 2012. The reverse design features an iconic image of Canada, the maple leaf. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, created in 2003 by Canadian portrait artist Susanna Blunt.
The Royal Canadian Mint’s 1 oz. Platinum Maple Leaf Bullion Coin of 2016 mintage is a distinctive addition to your portfolio. This .9995 fine platinum bullion coin’s weight, content, and purity are guaranteed by the Government of Canada. All one-ounce .9995 pure Platinum Maple Leaf coins produced for 2016 and beyond will have radial lines and micro-engraved maple leaf security features incorporated in the coin’s design.
The radial lines in the 2016 Platinum Maple Leaf’s field have been precisely machined to within micrometers on the master tooling to ensure reproducibility from die to die and coin to coin. The uniqueness of the line width and pitch gives this coin a characteristic look, and creates a light diffracting pattern that is specific to this coin. Combined with a visual security featurea textured maple leaf micro engraved with laser technology on a small area of the reverse side, with the numeral ’16 denoting the coin’s year of issuethis coin represents the cutting edge in coin security.
Quantities of 10 will ship in unopened Royal Canadian Mint tubes. Smaller quantities will each ship individually in a protective flip suitable for long-term storage.
- Contains 1.0 troy ounce of .9995 fine platinum.
- Face value 50 Dollars.
- Obverse: Features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, created in 2003 by Canadian portrait artist Susanna Blunt.
- Reverse: Displays an iconic image of Canada, the maple leaf.
- Intricately micro-engraved design using the Mint’s innovative laser technology helps to confirm the coin’s authenticity. Precisely machined radial lines create a unique characteristic look and light diffracting pattern specific to this coin.
- Sought after by investors around the world, the Maple Leaf Platinum bullion coin has quickly sold out since its introduction in 1988.
- The only .9995 pure platinum bullion coin issued and backed by the Government of Canada.