2016 Silver 1 Kilo Australia Perth Koala
Perth Mint's Australian Koala series was first introduced to the public in 2007. That inaugural release was an immediate global success. The popularity of the series has only grown from there. Of course, one of primary the reasons for the sustained interest is the featured subject! Who could possibly resist these gentle, adorable animals? Along with the kangaroo, and kookaburra, the koala is recognized worldwide as an iconic example of Australian wildlife.
Anticipation builds towards each annual release, as Perth prepares to unveil a new koala design. The obverse remains consistent for the series, displaying the beautiful portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, created by Ian Rank-Broadley. For 2016, the new reverse design features a single koala walking along a branch of a eucalyptus tree on all fours. It is shown in mid-stride, with a front arm reaching forward to its next step. Leaves from a higher branch are hanging down above its head. This wonderful 2016 Silver 1 Kilo Australia Perth Koala design will certainly grace your growing collection!
- Contains 1 kilo of .9999 pure silver.
- Obverse: Bears the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the 30 Dollar (AU) face value.
- Reverse: Displays a koala walking along a branch of a eucalyptus tree. Also included are the inscriptions "Australian Koala," the date, coin's weight and purity, and the Perth Mint's "P" mintmark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
- Limited mintage of only 300,000 coins.