2016 Silver 1 kilo Australia Perth Lunar Monkey
Proudly offered by the Perth Mint each year is a distinctive design represented by one of 12 animals in the ancient Chinese lunar calendar. For 2016, the Monkey, the ninth animal in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac is celebrated. This beautiful 1 kilo .999 coin will be a treasured and valuable addition to your collection.
The birth dates for people ruled by the Chinese Lunar monkey include 1920, 1932, 1944, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004 and 2016. Those born under the influence of this sign are said to be intelligent, quick-witted, optimistic, ambitious and adventurous.
- Contains 1 kilo of .999 pure silver.
- Part of Perth Mint Lunar Series II.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
- Obverse: Displays the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the coin’s weight and purity, and the (AU) face value.
- Reverse: Features an adult monkey with a baby monkey holding a peach, symbolic of longevity and immortality. The Chinese character for “monkey” and the inscription “Year of the Monkey” also appear in the design with The Perth Mint’s traditional “P” mintmark.
Every year, the Australian Lunar silver bullion coin series comprises seven size variations. Each coin portrays an image of the appropriate animal and its Chinese “pinyin” character.