2016 Silver 1 oz Australia Perth Kookaburra (5 Coins)
With the release of the 2016 Silver Kookaburra, Perth Mint is marking the 26th year of the series. From its introduction in 1990, the Kookaburra’s popularity worldwide has been remarkable. Anticipation builds as each new release date approaches, and annual pre-sale volumes also continue to increase.
Perth continues their annual unveiling of a new Kookaburra design, and for 2016, it’s a real beauty!
The new reverse design features a lone Kookaburra perched atop an old wooden fence post. In its iconic pose, the bird’s head is raised looking to the sky. Its beak is open, sounding the well-known, laughing call. The rustic outback scene is accented by a strand of twisted barbed-wire haphazardly dangling from the post. A single, leafless tree stands in the background. Also included are the inscriptions, “Australian Kookaburra,” the date, the coin’s weight and purity, and the Perth Mints ”P” mintmark.This design is sure to be well received!
- Contains: 1 Troy oz of .999 pure silver.
- Obverse: Bears the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the 1 Dollar (AU) face value.
- Reverse: Features a lone Kookaburra perched atop an old wooden fence post, against a rustic outback scene.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
- Packaged individually in a protective plastic capsule.
First released in 1990, the Kookaburra series has been an overwhelming success in popularity. The series was the first from Perth Mint to feature a new reverse design each year. This is also Perth’s longest running series. The Kookaburra maintains a growing a worldwide following, which increases with each year’s release.