Biblical Series – 2016 Ezekiels Vision
Born in Strasbourg, France in 1832, Paul Gustave Louis Christophe Doré, almost immediately demonstrated advanced giftedness as an artist. By age 15, he was well on his way to a lifelong career as an illustrator, printmaker, and sculptor. His chosen medium was wood engraving, although his paintings brought high acclaim during his life, and continue to this day. Among his most well-known and celebrated works are his 241 wood engravings of many of the key events recorded in the Bible (1866).
The inspiration of Scottsdale Mints Biblical coins series designs is drawn directly from Gustave Dorés Bible engravings. Scottsdales creative team did not seek merely to copy Dorés originals to the coins. Rather, remaining true to the originals, they transformed each scene into the new medium of high-relief, antique-finish, silver coinage. Their work is nothing short of breathtaking! This Scottsdale Biblical Series – 2016 Ezekiel’s Vision coin is an amazing example.
Follow this link to view plates of the entire set of 241 Bible illustrations engraved by Gustave Doré. You will be amazed!
Gustave Dorés illustrations for La Grande Bible de Tours…but, dont forget to order your coins first!
- Scottsdale Biblical Series – 2016 Ezekiel’s Vision.
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Struck in an incredibly stunning rimless, high-relief antique finish.
- Each 2 oz coin is packaged in a gift box patterned after a Bible.
- Includes a Certificate of Authenticity printed on an antiqued style paper, displaying Ezekiel 37, in which Ezekiel is given a vision led by the Spirit of the Lord in prophesying the rebirth of Israel.
- Obverse: Features the Raphael Maklouf likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II surrounded by the weight, purity, and face value.
- Reverse: Features a depiction of the illustration by Gustave Doré, The Vision of the Valley of Dry Bones.
- Edge: Laser-etched serial number, from 1 to 1499, which matches the serial number found on the included certificate of authenticity.
Scottsdale Mint stands tall as one of the most highly regarded and globally recognized private mints in the industry. A U.S. based company, Scottsdale made an unflinching commitment to quality consistency in every step of their business and manufacturing processes. With ISO 9001 certification, they are prepared to bring together innovation, creativity, quality, and efficiency into their finished products. Investors in precious metals demand the finest and the Scottsdale hallmark provides the name and backing for peace of mind!
Scottsdale is often envied by their peers for some of the most stunning and unique series designs in the private sector. The impeccable skill of their creative staff is clearly displayed with each new coin released. Though other mints may envy, Scottsdale customers anxiously await each release of their favorite series! Their anticipation is never disappointed.
Scottsdale Mint has also established themselves in the global market. Providing creative design and minting services to smaller nations around the world, they produce those countries legal tender bullion coinage.
BOLD Precious Metals is honored to be among Scottsdales prestigious list of Authorized Dealers, and proud to offer many of their products at some of the lowest prices available!