Viking Series – 2016 Thor
This fourth release in the Scottsdale Mint’s 15-coin Vikings: Gods, Kings and Warriors series features Thor, son of Odin. The first impression this design strikes is that Thor’s image is just too large for the coin’s size. The truth is, regardless of the field’s size, Thor refuses to be confined! The massive muscular frame of this Norse god is so boldly depicted, he is bursting out of the coin’s constraints. With Mjölnir, grasped in his right hand, there is no stopping him.
As with the previous releases in the series, the high-relief, texturing, and shading displays the muscle tone and facial expressions with striking detail. However, the detail in this coin is not of the same fineness. No, when it comes to this subject, the detail is in the shadows and tone, which reveal the strength and blatant power of Thor.
Helmeted, with his long locks flowing back, Thor’s eyes are clear and fixed in readied confidence. His massive chest and bare arms almost completely fill the coin’s focal field. Then, the Mjölnir, steals your attention as you recall countless legends of Thor’s many battles. Standing before an antiqued-finished circle of knot-work, the high-relief tones provide rich depth of field to Thor. The overall effect is astounding!
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Struck in an incredibly stunning high-relief antique finish.
- Housed in a round wooden display box designed with Thor’s hammer, the Mjölnir, surrounded by the Runic alphabet.
- Obverse: Displays the Raphael Maklouf likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II surrounded by the weight, purity, and face value.
- Reverse: Features a striking depiction of Thor, son of Odin, in a raw display of his unrivaled strength. With the hammer in hand, he is pictured as moving into a field of battle, upon which his eyes are fixed in the distance.
- Edge: Laser etched serial number, from 1 to 1,999, matches the serial number found on the included certificate of authenticity.
Do you want to learn more about the legacy and legends surrounding this key figure of Norse history and mythology? Here is a good place to begin:Norse Mythology – THOR
Scottsdale Mint stands tall as one of the most highly regarded and globally recognized private mints in the industry. A U.S. based company, Scottsdale made an unflinching commitment to quality consistency in every step of their business and manufacturing processes. With ISO 9001 certification, they are prepared to bring together innovation, creativity, quality, and efficiency into their finished products. Investors in precious metals demand the finest and the Scottsdale hallmark provides the name and backing for peace of mind!
Scottsdale is often envied by their peers for some of the most stunning and unique series designs in the private sector. The impeccable skill of their creative staff is clearly displayed with each new coin released. Though other mints may envy, Scottsdale customers anxiously await each release of their favorite series! Their anticipation is never disappointed.
Scottsdale Mint has also established themselves in the global market. Providing creative design and minting services to smaller nations around the world, they produce those countries’ legal tender bullion coinage.
BOLD Precious Metals is honored to be among Scottsdale’s prestigious list of Authorized Dealers, and proud to offer many of their products at some of the lowest prices available!