2016 1.5 oz Silver Falcon
With this 2016 release of the 1.5 oz Silver Falcon, the Royal Canadian Mint issues the fourth coin in the series introduced in 2013. Following a similar theme of their earlier 1 oz Canadian Wildlife series, this current one has found welcome acceptance. The increased weight of 1.5 oz, produced a thicker coin (4.5 mm), while maintaining the same diameter as that of the 1 oz Maple Leaf, as well as the earlier Wildlife series. This has made this series extremely popular among both collectors and precious metals investors world-wide.
The close detail displayed in this beautifully fierce creature is stunning! Shown in flight, with its large wings thrusting downward, the falcon rises higher in its search for fresh prey. Each feather is so finely engraved that the resulting effect gives a full sense of depth to the design. The left facing profile exposes a single, piercing eye fixed forward, as its sharp, deadly beak opens slightly. The falcon’s powerful claws are tucked under its body, to allow for fast, streamlined flight, necessary for hunting. Every aspect of this coin is truly a remarkable!
- Contains 1.5 troy oz of .9999 fine silver.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and 8 Dollar face value.
- Reverse: Displays a beautiful and remarkable design of the White Falcon in mid-flight, featuring its strong, finely detailed wings. Also included are the coin’s weight and purity in both English and French. Arched above the fox is ”Canada 2016.” The Maple Leaf security privy mark with “16” is also displayed.
- $8 face value
- Individual coins come in protective plastic flips. Multiples of 15 come in plastic tubes. 300 coins come in ‘Monster’ boxes.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
This 2016 release is the forth coin in this Canadian wildlife themed, 1.5 oz .9999 fine silver coin series. The increased weight, and amazing designs have been very well received by both collectors and investors. The first release of 2013 featured the Arctic Polar Bear. A second coin was released in 2014, with a beautiful design of the Arctic Fox. The third, released in 2015, featured a wonderful design of a Polar Bear and Cub.