2016 Silver Great Britain Lunar Monkey 1 oz (10 Coins)
The Royal Mint’s Shengxiào Collection was unveiled in 2014 to an exceptionally pleased global bullion market. The new series introduced the uniquely stylized designs of Wuon-Gean Ho. This brilliant, and highly accomplished British Chinese artist and printmaker was honored by the Royal Mint with this series commission. She has distinguished herself over the following years, creating some of the most beautifully stylized lunar coin designs available.
This 12 year Chinese lunar calendar series will continue to astound us with each new release. And that includes this 2016 1 oz Silver Lunar Monkey Royal Mint BU coin. It will most certainly make a great addition to your Lunar coin collection!
Playful and Stunning
The obverse design for the series features Ian Rank-Broadley’s beautiful portrait of Queen Elizabeth II. Encircling the image at the rim are the inscriptions, “ELIZABETH II -D.G.-REG-FID-DEF-2 POUNDS.”
The third release in the Shengxiào Collection celebrates the 2016 Year of the Monkey. This wonderfully playful reverse design features a pair of rhesus monkeys. In the foreground, one monkey is shown poised to leap from one branch to another. In the background, almost lost among the leaves, is the second monkey. He is obviously having a great time swinging among the vines and branches. You will love this very attractive and fun scene!
One of the traditions often included in celebrating the Chinese Lunar New Year is that of gifting. The giving of a thoughtful token is accompanied with the hope for good fortune to bless the recipient’s home. What could be more thoughtful than the gift of a fine silver coin designed to honor the Chinese New Year? This coin is released in Brilliant Uncirculated condition.
- 2016 1 oz Silver Lunar Monkey Royal Mint BU.
- Contains 1 troy oz of .999 fine silver.
- Obverse: Displays Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Inscriptions include, “Queen Elizabeth II, D.G. REG, F.D. 2 Pounds” face value.
- Reverse: Features a uniquely stylized image of a pair of rhesus monkeys in a tree. The first, in the foreground is shown about to jump to another limb. The second, much smaller in the background is hanging from a branch. Inscriptions include, “Year of the Monkey, 2016,” the weight and purity, and the Chinese character for monkey.
- 2 pound face value.
- Individual coins come in protective plastic flips.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.