2017 China Moon Festival Panda 5 oz Silver Hologram Proof Medal
This is a rare collectible medal produced in 2017 by the Chinese Shenzhen Guobao Mint. It was released to celebrate the Moon Festival, a major Chinese holiday. These medal do not come available often so we encourage you to lock yours in right away!
The obverse features the famous Great Wall of China. The perspective is that of standing on the Wall looking up to where it rises to a mountain in the distance. Above the Wall is a representation of a Huntianyi, an ancient Chinese armillary sphere. Inscribed in Chinese characters are the words “Great Wall of China” across the top while the year “2017” is at the bottom.
The reverse depicts a panda bear standing at the end of a natural pool under a full moon. The holographic effect makes the water appear to ripple and shimmer in the moonlight! Encircling rim are inscriptions in English stating the weight and finess and the words “MOON FESTIVAL”. A Chinese inscription translates to “Full moon and full blossom, perfect bliss on Moon Festival”.
- 2017 China Moon Festival Panda 5 oz Silver Hologram Proof Medal.
- Contains 5 Troy ounces of .999 fine silver.
- Obverse: features the Great Wall of China.
- Reverse: depicts a panda standing at the edge of shimmering water under a full moon.
- Produced by Shenzhen Guobao China Mint.
- Comes in the original mint-issued capsule.