2017 Gold 8 g China Panda
This 2017 8 gram Gold China Panda coin is another stunning example of the unique designs, which have made the series very popular. Created by the mint of the People’s Republic of China, this year’s release will be treasured by bullion collectors and investors alike.
The 2017 reverse design features a beautiful single Giant Panda clasping a bamboo branch. In the background stands a wall of bamboo shoots. The obverse displays an inset image of the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests in the Beijing Temple of Heaven. Inscriptions include, “People’s Republic of China” in Chinese, encircling the top rim. The release year is at the bottom.
The 8g coin has a fineness of .999 fine gold. It measures 22 cm in diameter and has a face value of 100 Yuan. Every coin is guaranteed to be in Gem Brilliant Uncirculated condition. The unique design and the high-quality craftsmanship will ensure this coin’s premium value throughout the years.
- Contains 8 grams of .999 fine gold.
- Stunningly attractive design.
- Obverse: The Hall of Prayer for Good Harvests (The Temple of Heaven) of Beijing is depicted. Inscriptions include the Chinese characters for “People’s Republic of China” and the year.
- Reverse: Features a beautiful single, Giant Panda clasping a bamboo branch. In the background is a wall of bamboo shoots. The face value of 100 Yuan is also shown, with the weight and purity “8 g Au .999”.
- Individual coins come in mint-sealed plastic.
The Gold Pandas were first minted in 1982, and were an immediate success worldwide. Each year, the design of the panda changes, making them highly collectible. The series’ standing in the world bullion market has continued to increase. This has resulted in coins becoming recognized as a dependable store of value. From its inception the series has been released in Troy ounce weight increments. Beginning with 2016, all China bullion releases have changed to the Metric standard.
The panda in Chinese culture is recognized as a symbol of peace and friendship. What’s not to love about a bullion series dedicated to one of the most adored animals in the world?