This item is the 50th Anniversary (privy) 2017 Gold South African Krugerrand 1 oz .9166 pure gold.
The 1 oz. gold Krugerrand, one of the world’s most famous bullion coins celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2017. This special privy edition Krugerrand will have a limited mintage of just 100,000 and demand is sure to be high.
- Limited privy 50th anniversary edition.
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .9166 gold content.
- The World’s first gold bullion coin.
- Most recognized bullion gold coin brand world-wide.
- Obverse: Features the South African Republics first president, Paul Kruger, for whom the coin was named.
- Reverse: Includes South Africas distinctive symbol, the Springbok Gazelle, with the 50th anniversary privy mark to the right of the image.
- Individual coins come in protective plastic flips.
Krugerrands were first issued by the South African mint in 1967 with a view to increasing awareness of South African gold. They were the first modern gold bullion coin and Krugerrands soon became the choice of discerning investors around the globe. By 1980 they accounted for 90% of the bullion coin market and it is estimated that, in the US alone, over 22 million were imported from 1974 to 1985.
For 50 years, the Krugerrand has featured the springbok antelope, the national animal of the Republic of South Africa. The obverse shows an image of Paul Kruger the first president of South Africa and the 1 oz. Krugerrand 2017 also has a unique privy mark to mark the coin’s 50th anniversary.