2017 Silver 1 oz Australia Perth Koala (20 Coins)
Perth Mint’s Australian Koala series was first introduced to the public in 2007. That inaugural release was an immediate global success. The popularity of the series has only grown from there. Of course, one of primary the reasons for the sustained interest is the featured subject! Who could possibly resist these gentle, adorable animals? Along with the kangaroo, and kookaburra, the koala is recognized worldwide as an iconic example of Australian wildlife.
Anticipation builds towards each annual release, as Perth prepares to unveil a new koala design. The obverse remains consistent for the series, displaying the beautiful portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, created by Ian Rank-Broadley. For 2017, the new reverse design features a single koala, resting comfortably at the base of a eucalyptus tree. Scattered about the ground are leaves that have blown from the tree. The scene extends into the background, with a second tree in the distance. This is one of the cutest designs, displaying a frontal view, with the koala’s head slightly turned. This 2017 Silver 1 oz Australia Perth Koala coin will certainly grace your growing collection!
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .9999 pure silver.
- Obverse: Bears the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the 1 Dollar (AU) face value.
- Reverse: Displays a koala sitting at the base of a eucalyptus tree with a second tree in the distance. Also included are the inscriptions “Australian Koala,” the date, coin’s weight and purity, and the Perth Mint’s “P” mintmark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
- Limited mintage of only 300,000 coins.