2017 Silver 10 oz Australia Perth Kookaburra
With the release of the 2017 Silver Kookaburra, Perth Mint is marking the 27th year of the series. From its introduction in 1990, the Kookaburra's popularity worldwide has been remarkable. Anticipation builds as each new release date approaches, and annual pre-sale volumes also continue to increase.
Perth continues their annual unveiling of a new Kookaburra design, and for 2017, its a real beauty!
The new reverse design features two Kookaburra. One is a larger, mature bird, and the second is young, much smaller, and looking up at the older. They are perched together on a wooden fence. It is quite a poignant scene, particularly as the young birds gaze is intently fixed upon the older. Encircling the top is the inscription, "Australian Kookaburra," and on the bottom, the year of release, the coin's weight and .999 purity. This design is sure to be well received!
- Contains: 10 Troy oz of .999 pure silver.
- Obverse: Bears the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the 10 Dollar (AU) face value.
- Reverse: Features two Kookaburra, one larger, and more mature and a second smaller, looking up at the older. They are perched together on a wooden fence. Also included are the inscriptions, "Australian Kookaburra," the date, weight and purity, and the Perth Mint "P" mintmark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
- Packaged individually in a protective plastic capsule.
First released in 1990, the Kookaburra series has been an overwhelming success in popularity. The series was the first from Perth Mint to feature a new reverse design each year. This is also Perth's longest running series. The Kookaburra maintains a growing a worldwide following, and popularity increases with each release.