Proudly offered by the Perth Mint each year is a distinctive design represented by one of 12 animals in the ancient Chinese lunar calendar. For 2017, the Rooster, the tenth animal in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac is celebrated. This beautiful 2 oz .9999 coin will be a treasured and valuable addition to your collection.
The birth dates for people ruled by the Chinese Lunar rooster include 1921, 1933, 1945, 1957, 1969, 1981, 1993, 2005, and 2017. Those born under the influence of this sign are said to be hardworking, loyal, honest, and sociable.
- Contains 2 oz of .9999 pure silver.
- Part of Perth Mints Lunar Series II.
- Extremely Limited Mintages.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
- Obverse: Displays the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the coins weight and purity, and the 2 Dollar (AU) face value.
- Reverse: Features a rooster, a hen, and three chicks with bamboo and flowers, and also includes the Chinese character for ‘Rooster’, the inscription ‘Year of the Rooster’, and The Perth Mint’s traditional ‘P’ mintmark.
Every year, the Australian Lunar 99.9% pure silver bullion coin series comprises seven size variations. Each coin portrays an image of the appropriate animal and its Chinese pinyin character.