The Royal Canadian Mint began a new series in 2017 called Canada The Great. Featuring a unique form factor of 10 oz in GEM Brilliant Uncirculated condition, the first release depicts a romantic couple viewing the majesty of Niagara Falls from the observatory deck at Horseshoe Falls. The Obverse features an effigy of the young Queen Elizabeth II by Arnold Machin rarely seen on modern coins. The $50 coin features frosted relief with radial lines and has a low mintage limit of 15,000 pieces!
- Contains: 10 Troy oz of .9999 fine silver
- Limited total mintage of 15,000.
- Singles ship in a mint issued protective capsule.
- Obverse: Displays the the Arnold Machin effigy of young Elizabeth II, which was used for Canadian coins from 1965 to 1989 rather than the more common portait by Susanna Blunt.
- Reverse: A romantic couple viewing the majestic Niagara Falls in the backdrop.
Niagara Falls is a world-renown National Canadian Site, straddling the Canada-United States International Boundary between in the province of Ontario and the state of New York. The site attracts over 12 million tourists each year.