2017 Silver 1 oz Tokelau Hakula Barracuda
This 2017 1 oz Silver coin from the New Zealand territory of Tokelau features a magnificent Barracuda design. With a limited mintage of 250,000 coins, this fourth design of the Tokelau Fish Series is a great investment for collectors.
- Features a matte finish.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine silver.
- Part of the Tokelau Fish Series.
- Limited mintage of 250,000.
- Obverse: Depicts the likeness of Queen Elizabeth II along with the Tuluma, which is the national symbol of Tokelau. The Tuluma is a wooden tackle box used by the fishermen of Tokelau, inscribed with ‘Tokelau mot e Atua, meaning, ‘Tokelau for God,’ referencing the influence of Christianity in Tokelau. Also included are the inscriptions, "Tokelau 2017," the coin's weight and purity, and its Five Dollar face value.
- Reverse: Features one large close-up view of a barracuda with a school in the background, swimming through the tropical waters of the South Pacific. Engravings include "Tokelau" below the design field, as well as the name of the species represented in both English and the native Tokelau tongue (Tokelauan).
- Sovereign coin backed by the government of Tokelau.
This stunning coin is the fourth design of the ongoing series. Previous releases include:
- 2014 1 oz Silver Tokelau Tuna
- 2015 1 oz Silver Tokelau Great White Shark
- 2016 1 oz Silver Tokelau Sailfish