2018 Gold 3 g China Panda
This 2018 3 gram Gold China Panda coin is another stunning example of the unique designs, which have made the series very popular. Created by the mint of the People’s Republic of China, this year’s release will be treasured by bullion collectors and investors alike.
The 2018 reverse design features a bold, close-up view of a single Giant Panda. Its head nearly fills the entire field, with just the top of its shoulders visible. The focus is on the panda’s expression, as it gazes intently on the leafy bamboo branch in its hand. In the background is the traditional wall of bamboo. The very top and bottom of the coin displays a patchwork of leaves. This is a wonderful design, which at once captures your eye (and your heart)!
The 3g coin has a fineness of .999 fine gold. It measures 18 cm in diameter and has a face value of 50 Yuan. Every coin is guaranteed to be in Gem Brilliant Uncirculated condition. The unique design and the high-quality craftsmanship will ensure this coin’s premium value throughout the years.
- Contains 3 grams of .999 fine gold.
- Stunningly attractive design.
- Obverse: The Hall of Prayer for Good Harvests (The Temple of Heaven) of Beijing is depicted. Inscriptions include the Chinese characters for “People’s Republic of China” and the year.
- Reverse: Features a close-up head and shoulders pose of beautiful single Giant Panda, clasping a leafy bamboo branch. In the background is a wall of bamboo. The face value of 50 Yuan is also shown, with the weight and purity “3 g Au .999”.
- Individual coins come in protective plastic flips.
The Gold Pandas were first minted in 1982, and were an immediate success worldwide. Each year, the design of the panda changes, making them highly collectible. The series’ standing in the world bullion market has continued to increase. This has resulted in coins becoming recognized as a dependable store of value. From its inception the series has been released in Troy ounce weight increments. Beginning with 2016, all China bullion releases have changed to the Metric standard.
The panda in Chinese culture is recognized as a symbol of peace and friendship. What’s not to love about a bullion series dedicated to one of the most adored animals in the world?