2018 Silver 1 Kilo Australia Perth Koala
Perth Mint’s Australian Koala series was first introduced to the public in 2007. That inaugural release was an immediate global success. The popularity of the series has only grown from there. Of course, one of primary the reasons for the sustained interest is the featured subject! Who could possibly resist these gentle, adorable animals? Along with the kangaroo, and kookaburra, the koala is recognized worldwide as an iconic example of Australian wildlife.
Celebrating a Dozen Years of Koalas
Anticipation builds towards each annual release, as Perth prepares to unveil a new koala design. The obverse remains consistent for the series, displaying the beautiful portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, created by Ian Rank-Broadley. For 2018, the new reverse design leverages a mix of both frosted and brilliant design elements to bring out a nice sense of depth to the scene.
The single koala is poised on a branch of a flowering eucalyptus tree. It is grasping this limb tightly while it reaches forward with one free hand, inching further out on the limb. This is a very attractive and pleasing design. This 2018 Silver 1 Kilo Australia Perth Koala will certainly grace your growing collection!
- 2018 Silver 1 Kilo Australia Perth Koala.
- Contains 1 Kilo of .9999 pure silver.
- Obverse: Bears the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the 30 Dollars (AU) face value.
- Reverse: Displays a single koala poised on a branch of a flowering eucalyptus tree. Also included are the inscriptions “Australian Koala,” the date, coin’s weight and purity, and the Perth Mint’s “P” mintmark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.