2018 1 oz Silver Perth Dragon & Tiger (5 Coins)
This stunning design pairing of the traditional Chinese dragon against a tiger in the eternal chase to obtain the coveted flaming pearl is remarkable! This edition comes on the heels of the 2017 Perth release of the Dragon & Phoenix, based on the same theme. It does appear that Perth Mint is branching out from their standard annual bullion series releases, and this 2018 1 oz Silver Perth Dragon & Tiger BU is a very welcome addition!
The Dragon’s Eternal Chase
The obverse design features the Ian Rank-Broadley portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Inscriptions encircling the rim include “ELIZABETH II . AUSTRALIA” at the top, and “1 Oz 9999 AG . 2018 . 1 DOLLAR” at the bottom.
The reverse highlights a very active scene depicting the dragon’s unending circular chase in very fine detail. The ferocity displayed in the faces of each of these powerful creatures is incredible! The tiger is to the left, with it keen eyes fixed upon those of his opponent. His jaws are wide, exposing it’s razor sharp teeth. The dragon’s serpentine body writhes as it extends it’s sharp claws in the attempt to overcome this massive opponent and finally capture the pearl. The flaming pearl blazes between them in the center of the of the coin.
This 2018 1 oz Silver Perth Dragon & Tiger features a remarkable design and impeccable production that will certainly grace your growing collection!
- 2018 1 oz Silver Perth Dragon & Tiger (5 Coins) BU.
- Limited mintage of only 50,000.
- Contains 1 Troy oz .9999 fine silver.
- Face Value of 1 Dollar (AUD).
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
- Obverse: Displays the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the coin’s weight and purity, release date of 2018, and the (AU) face value.
- Reverse: Features a finely-detailed scene of the eternal chase of the dragon to capture the coveted price of the flaming pearl. This time facing off against and equally powerful and ferocious tiger.