2018 Silver 1 oz Australia Perth Rectangular Dragon Coin
Perth Mint is making history again with this 2018 1 oz Silver Australia Dragon Coin Bar! This is the first rectangular bullion coin ever produced by the mint. The vertical orientation is perfect for the highly-stylized dragon design featured on the reverse. The entire design, both obverse and reverse, is remarkably fresh and stunning!
Throughout the world, the dragon's ageless legends have captured the imaginations of young and old alike. Although the countless heraldic stories may differ in their details, there are many common themes that have followed the ages. True to the legends, the dragon featured on this 2018 1 oz Silver Australia Dragon coin bar is a magnificent creature!
The Magnificent Dragon
The dragon's long, scaled, serpentine body is depicted rising into the clouds above the water. Its large head, with wide-open mouth reveals its fierceness, as does its exposed razor-sharp teeth. The dragon's sharp claws on its two pair of lizard-like legs are also used for grasping. It is reaching out for a large, beautiful pearl just beyond its grasp.
As the legends nearly always include, the flaming pearl is the creature's most coveted treasure. Also consistent with folklore, dragons sustain a unique connection with the earth's primal forces. These are represented in the water, clouds, and wind, which are also beautifully displayed in the design.
The obverse displays in vertical format, the Ian Rank-Broadley right-facing portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Radiant lines, extending out from the bar's center, fill the background behind the portrait. Inscriptions include "ELIZABETH II," "AUSTRALIA," "1 oz 9999 Ag," the face value of 1 Dollar, and the release date.
- 2018 1 oz Silver Australia Dragon Coin Bar.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine silver.
- First ever Perth rectangular bullion coin.
- Limited mintage of 500,000!
- Face value $1 (AUD).
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
- Obverse: Displays the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the coin's weight and purity, and the face value.
- Reverse: Features a highly-stylized scene of a fierce, magnificent dragon rising above the water into the sky, reaching for a flaming pearl. The Perth Mint "P" mintmark is also displayed.