Biblical Series ‑ 2018 Ascension of Jesus
Scottsdale Mint undertook this phenomenal 10-year project in 2015 issuing multiple releases each year. This Biblical Series ‑ 2018 Ascension of Jesus release is the 24th in the series. With this edition the six 2018 releases culminate in a truly magnificent piece.
Whether you are collecting the entire Biblical Series, or choosing only your favorite themes, this 2018 Ascension of Jesus is most certainly one that will grace your growing collection.
Inspiration for the Biblical Series
Born in Strasbourg, France in 1832, Paul Gustave Louis Christophe Doré, almost immediately demonstrated advanced giftedness as an artist. By age 15, he was well on his way to a lifelong career as an illustrator, printmaker, and sculptor. His chosen medium was wood engraving, although his paintings brought high acclaim during his life, and continue to this day. Among his most well-known and celebrated works are his 241 wood engravings of many of the key events recorded in the Bible (1866).
The inspiration of Scottsdale Mint’s Biblical coins series designs is drawn directly from Gustave Doré’s Bible engravings. Scottsdale’s creative team did not seek merely to copy Doré’s originals to the coins. Rather, remaining true to the originals, they transformed each scene into the new medium of high-relief, antique-finish, silver coinage. Their work is nothing short of breathtaking! This Biblical Series ‑ 2018 Ascension of Jesus is an amazing example.
Follow this link to view plates of the entire set of 241 Bible illustrations engraved by Gustave Doré. You will be astounded!
Gustave Doré’s illustrations for La Grande Bible de Tours…but, don’t forget to order your coins first!
- Biblical Series ‑ 2018 Ascension of Jesus.
- The 6th and final release for 2018 of Scottsdale’s Biblical Series.
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Struck in an incredibly stunning rimless, high-relief antique finish.
- Each 2 oz coin is packaged in a gift box patterned after a Bible.
- Includes a Certificate of Authenticity printed on an antiqued style paper with the Biblical text.
- Based upon the Biblical account as recorded in Acts 1:9-11 (NLT): “After saying this, he was taken up into a cloud while they were watching, and they could no longer see him. As they strained to see him rising into heaven, two white-robed men suddenly stood among them. ‘Men of Galilee,’ they said, ‘why are you standing here staring into heaven? Jesus has been taken from you into heaven, but someday he will return from heaven in the same way you saw him go!'”
- Obverse: Features the Raphael Maklouf likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II surrounded by the weight, purity, and face value.
- Reverse: Features a depiction of the illustration by Gustave Doré, “Ascension of Jesus” (Plate 192) seeks to show the scene as recorded in the Gospel of Mark and Acts and discussed throughout the New Testament. Doré’s illustration of the theme is magnificent! The design team at Scottsdale has once again captured not only the detail of the original Doré work, but the very soul of the artist’s work. You will not be disappointed in this fine piece.
- Edge: Laser-etched serial number, from 1 to 1499, which matches the serial number found on the included certificate of authenticity.
Scottsdale Mint stands tall as one of the most highly regarded and globally recognized private mints in the industry. A U.S. based company, Scottsdale made an unflinching commitment to quality consistency in every step of their business and manufacturing processes. With ISO 9001 certification, they are prepared to bring together innovation, creativity, quality, and efficiency into their finished products. Investors in precious metals demand the finest and the Scottsdale hallmark provides the name and backing for peace of mind!
Scottsdale is often envied by their peers for some of the most stunning and unique series designs in the private sector. The impeccable skill of their creative staff is clearly displayed with each new coin released. Though other mints may envy, Scottsdale customers anxiously await each release of their favorite series! Their anticipation is never disappointed.
Scottsdale Mint has also established themselves in the global market. Providing creative design and minting services to smaller nations around the world, they produce those countries’ legal tender bullion coinage.
BOLD Precious Metals is honored to be among Scottsdale’s prestigious list of Authorized Dealers, and proud to offer many of their products at some of the lowest prices available!