2018 Silver 5 oz Australia Perth Lunar Dog
Proudly offered by the Perth Mint each year is a distinctive design represented by one of 12 animals in the ancient Chinese lunar calendar. For 2018, the Dog, the eleventh animal in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac is celebrated. This beautiful 5 oz .9999 fine silver coin will be a treasured and valuable addition to your collection.
The birth years for people ruled by the Chinese Lunar Dog include 1922, 1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006 and 2018. Those born under the influence of this sign are said to be loyal, amiable, kind and friendly.
- Contains 5 oz of .9999 pure silver.
- Part of the Perth Mint Lunar Series II.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
- Obverse: Displays the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the coin's weight and purity, and the (AU) face value.
- Reverse: Features a beautifully detailed German Shepherd dog and pup lying alert in the grass. A spray of picturesque Chinese peony flowers fill in the background. Also included are the Chinese character for "dog," the inscription "Year of the Dog," and The Perth Mint's traditional "P" mintmark.
Every year, the Australian Lunar silver bullion coin series include seven size variations. Each coin portrays an image of the appropriate animal and its Chinese pinyin character.
The Australian Lunar Series II has continued to have strong collector interest.