2018 Silver 1 oz Canada Predator Wolf *Spotted
The third coin release of the Canadian Predator series features the Grey Wolf. Once very prevalent throughout North America, the grey wolf population had starkly declined by the early 20th century. This, of course was primarily due to human population expansion, pushing them into more remote wilderness areas. Historically, men and wolves have not been able to live near one another. Much of Canada’s wilderness areas, however, have been a welcome habitat for the grey wolf. This makes this magnificent creature a natural to be featured on this 2018 Silver 1 oz Canada Predator Wolf coin!
Renowned Canadian artist, Emily Damstra, was commissioned by the Royal Canadian Mint to create a unique design that would capture the fierce magnificence of this wild creature. The coin’s design is an incredibly handsome, yet fearful depiction of a lone grey wolf, fully engaged in the chase. In mid-stride his head is raised, with his ears highly attuned to every sound. As he closes on his prey, he exposes his terrifying teeth while growling deeply. His driving hunger, will no doubt, soon be satisfied!
The design exposes the wildness of the wolf, while also capturing with fine detail the animal’s natural beauty. From the detail of his fur to the intense focus reveled in his face, we get a glimpse into the Canadian wilderness. This is an amazing coin, that will most certainly be welcomed by collectors and investors alike.
- 2018 Silver 1 oz Canada Predator Wolf.
- Contains 1 troy oz of .9999 fine silver.
- Protected by MintShield.
- Obverse: Displays the right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II designed by Susanna Blunt in 2003. Inscriptions include “ELIZABETH II D.G. REGINA” along with the year and 5 Dollar face value.
- Reverse: Features a fiercely-detailed design of a grey wolf quickly closing in on its intended prey. Arched above the wolf are the inscriptions “CANADA” and the 9999 purity. At the bottom rim is displayed “FINE SILVER 1 OZ ARGENT PUR” and the artist’s initials. Also included are the distinctive security features of the background precision engraved radial lines and the micro-engraved maple privy security feature with the 2-digit year displayed.
- $5 face value
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.