2018 Silver 1 oz Canada Maple Leaf (5 Coins)
Since its introduction in 1988, the iconic Silver Maple Leaf (SML) has been an extremely popular Royal Canadian Mint bullion investment coin. This 2018 Silver 1 oz Canada Maple Leaf is minted with 1 troy ounce of .9999 fine silver. With a face value of $5, it is the highest face value on the market for any comparable silver bullion coin. All Silver Maple Leaf Bullion coins produced from 2014 forward have unique features for enhanced security.
As reported by the Mint:
"White spots — also known as 'milk spots' — on silver bullion coins have been a concern for investors and mints around the world for years. While they in no way alter precious metal content, they do affect a coin's aesthetic appeal. In its commitment to produce the highest-quality bullion coins possible, the Royal Canadian Mint was determined to solve the white spot challenge."
Introducing MINTSHIELD™ "the world's first and only proven solution for reducing white spots on silver bullion coins — a proprietary advancement developed by the innovative minds at the Royal Canadian Mint and applied to every Silver Maple Leaf bullion coin dated 2018 or later."
For more information, follow this link to the Royal Canadian Mint info page: MINTSHIELD™.
- 2018 Silver 1 oz Canada Maple Leaf.
- NEW for 2018, MINTSHIELD™ first proven solution for reducing white spots on silver bullion coins!
- Contains 1 troy oz of .9999 fine silver.
- Unique security features.
- Obverse: Displays the beautiful right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II. Inscriptions include "Elizabeth II" along with the release year and face value.
- Reverse: Features a large, finely detailed maple leaf with distinctive precision-engraved radial lines filling the background. Inscriptions include "CANADA" proudly arched above the maple leaf. Also displayed is "FINE SILVER" in English and French, the weight and the .9999 purity. A micro-engraved maple leaf privy mark is positioned to the right of the leaf stem. The last two digits of the mint year are displayed in the privy center.
- $5 face value.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
The Canada Silver Maple Leaf (SML) continues to be one of the most highly sought-after bullion investment coins in the world. The standard annual releases are struck in .9999 fine silver at 1 troy ounce. All Silver Maple Leaf's produced from 2014 forward have unique features for enhanced security, also increasing their global popularity.
The Silver Maple Leaf is not only held for its investment value. This beautiful bullion coin is also followed by collectors of fine bullion coins. With each annual release, collectors quickly add to their SML holdings. The coin's simple elegance proudly presents a stunning and iconic emblem of Canada, the maple leaf.
Unique Security Features
The first security feature includes a small textured maple leaf, micro-engraved with laser technology on the reverse side. It displays the last two digits of the release year.
A second visual security feature includes the radial lines in the Silver Maple Leaf's field. They have been precisely machined to within microns on the master tooling to ensure reproducibility from die to die and coin to coin. The uniqueness of the line width and pitch gives a characteristic look, creating a light-diffracting pattern specific to this coin. These features combined represent the true cutting-edge of coin security.
A third security feature is now available for both the silver and gold Maple Leaf's. Marketed by RCM as, "Bullion DNA™," this feature provides a near instantaneous authentication of individual Maple Leaf's that have the micro-engraved maple leaf privy mark. As described by the mint:
"Every die used to produce the Gold and Silver Maple Leaf coins is laser micro-engraved with an anti-counterfeiting security mark: a textured maple leaf. Our registration processdigital non-destructive activation (DNA) technologycaptures images encrypted with a string of code, and stores these in our secure database. Using the specialised device, approved Bullion DNA™ dealers can easily verify the authenticity of registered Gold and Silver Maple Leaf bullion coins in three easy steps."