2018 Silver 1 oz Tokelau Leopard Shark Coin (BU)
This 2018 1 oz Silver coin from the New Zealand territory of Tokelau features a distinctively marked Leopard Shark design. With a limited mintage of 250,000 coins, this fifth design of the Tokelau Fish Series is a great investment for collectors.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine silver.
- Part of the Tokelau Fish Series.
- Limited mintage of 250,000.
- Obverse: Depicts the likeness of Queen Elizabeth II along with the Tuluma, which is the national symbol of Tokelau. The Tuluma is a wooden tackle box used by the fishermen of Tokelau, inscribed with ‘Tokelau mot e Atua, meaning, ‘Tokelau for God,’ referencing the influence of Christianity in Tokelau. Also included are the inscriptions, "Tokelau 2018," the coin's weight and purity, and its Five Dollar face value.
- Reverse: Features a lone leopard shark swimming through the tropical waters of the South Pacific. Its distinctive leopard-like markings, and lean, sleek body are beautifully represented in the design. The shark is swimming through the swaying kelp. Engravings include "Tokelau" below the design field, as well as the name of the species represented in both English and the native Tokelau tongue (Tokelauan).
- Sovereign coin backed by the government of Tokelau.
- Produced by the Highland Mint.
This stunning coin is the fifth design of the ongoing series. Previous releases include:
- 2014 1 oz Silver Tokelau Tuna
- 2015 1 oz Silver Tokelau Great White Shark
- 2016 1 oz Silver Tokelau Sailfish
- 2017 1 oz Silver Tokelau Barracuda