2019 1 oz Silver Australia Emu BU
Following the highly successful 2018 inaugural release of this new Australia Emu series, Perth Mint announces this stunning second annual edition. As with the Kookaburra series a new Emu design will be released each year. The fineness of this 2019 1 oz Silver Australia Emu BU edition will certainly peak your interest in adding Emus to your Perth collection!
Traveling in Pairs
Featured for this 2019 release, is a very attractive scene of a pair of Australian Emus standing in a rocky terrain, among somewhat sparse vegetation. Displaying the two Emus facing each other is a nice change from the 2018 edition that featured a single large Emu. This is even more typical of Australian Emus, since they commonly travel in pairs. The overall detail of the entire scene is excellent. The differences between the two Emus on this release are actually quite intriguing.
The rocky landscape is sparsely vegetated with grassy clumps and only a single small tree in view. A double fine-line rim band encircles the top half of the coin, terminating at the landscape. Inscriptions in the band include, “AUSTRALIAN EMU” and the Perth “P”mintmark. Integrated into the landscape at the bottom rim are the inscriptions, “2019 1 oz 9999 FINE SILVER.”
Now is the time to get started on your collection of Perth Mint’s newest annual series, the Silver 1 oz Australian Emu. With this just the second release, and at a very limited mintage of only 30,000, you should not delay!
- 2019 1 oz Silver Australia Emu BU.
- Perth Mint’s second annual release of new Australian Emu series.
- Limited mintage of only 30,000 for global distribution!
- New for 2019, the obverse introduces the 6th generation effigy of Queen Elizabeth II to be displayed on Australian coins. The new portrait is based on that designed by Jody Clark of the Royal Mint for 2016. It is distinctively different, however, in that it displays the Queen’s shoulders and full neckline. The band at the rim includes the inscriptions, “ELIZABETH II AUSTRALIA” at the top, and “1 DOLLAR” at the bottom.
- The reverse features a nicely detailed pair of Australia Emus standing together in a rocky, sparsely vegetated landscape. Inscriptions within the rim band at the top include “AUSTRALIAN EMU” and integrated into the design at the bottom rim are “2019 1 oz 9999 FINE SILVER.”
The Australian Emu
The emu is a natural choice for the launch of a new Perth Mint annual-release coin series. The bird’s habitat includes the greater portion of Australia’s mainland. It is also the largest native Australian bird, second in height only to the (non-native) ostrich. And like the ostrich in that they are both flightless birds.
The emu’s uniqueness as a native Australian bird has earned it somewhat of an iconic status, as demonstrated by the country’s Coat of Arms that displays the Red Kangaroo on the left and the Emu on the right.