2019 1 oz Gold Germania Oak Leaf Proof
This inaugural series release of the 2019 1 oz Gold Germania Oak Leaf Proof is certain to be an extremely popular collectible gold round series. With a extremely low mintage of only 100, quick sell-out is anticipated!
The Oak Leaf ‑ Highly Honored
The obverse displays a beautifully detailed image of an oak leaf and acorn. This Proof edition is distinguished from the inaugural BU release by the highly-polished, brilliant luster, including the background field. Whereas the BU edition is filled with a distinctive guilloche pattern. Inscriptions “OAK LEAF . 999.9 FINE GOLD.” are displayed within a narrow band encircling the rim.
Historically, the oak tree was very special to the Germanic peoples. As noted by the mint, “The design of the coin is devoted to the theme of an oak tree. The Germanic peoples treated this plant with greatest reverence, they worshiped the oak and believed that ghosts and gods lived inside it. It was also believed, that its fruit, acorns, were responsible for fertility, which was one of the magical abilities of an oak tree.”
The Bicephalous Eagle
The reverse boldly features the figure of the Bicephalous Eagle. The two-headed eagle is a symbol appearing in Roman mythology associated with Janus, the god of all origins, guardian of doors, gates, passages and bridges, the patron of allied agreements and arrangements. Heads facing the opposite symbolize the past and the future. The lightning bolts held in the claws of an eagle are a divine attribute, symbolizing strength and the power of creation and destruction. With the Oak Leaf is presented a refreshed image of the effigy of Germania Mint.
The inscriptions include “GERMANIA” at the top rim, and “2019 . 100 MARK” at the bottom. It should be noted that the “100 MARK” is symbolic only, and does not denote the gold round as having any actual face value as legal tender. As with the obverse, the reverse is strikingly-brilliant with a highly-polished luster.
- 2019 1 oz Gold Germania Oak Leaf Proof.
- Inaugural release of new series.
- Extremely low mintage of 100 (edge-numbered)! Quick sell-out is anticipated!
- Contains: 1 Troy oz of 999.9 fine gold.
- Obverse: Displays a beautifully detailed oak leaf and acorn. Historically, the oak tree was very special to the Germanic peoples. This Proof edition is distinguished from the inaugural BU release by the highly-polished, brilliant luster, including the background field. Inscriptions “OAK LEAF . 999.9 FINE GOLD.” are displayed within a narrow band encircling the rim.
- Reverse: Features an exclusive design of the Bicephalous Eagle, prepared by Germania Mint to represent the moral principles and noble values that encompassed the historical land of Germania. As with the obverse, the reverse is strikingly-brilliant with a highly-polished luster. This will be common to the Proof editions of the series.
- Packaging: Encapsulated in an attractive wooden storage box bearing Germania Mint’s golden hallmark along with numbered CoA.
- Denomination: 100 Germania Mark.
- Gold Round, not legal tender.
Germania Mint made quite an introduction of their design and production excellence with their remarkable first release of the gorgeous 2019 Germania 1 oz Silver and Gold Rounds, followed by the Allegories series. The reaction of the global precious metals community has been a resounding, “YES!” The beauty and distinctiveness of these two BU and Proof round designs was an overwhelming success. Also, the introduction of the Warrior series with the release of Berserk certainly set a high mark! Now joining the stellar line-up is the Germania Oak Leaf Silver and Gold in both BU and Proof editions.