2019 1 oz Silver Germania Oak Leaf (2020 WMF Edition)
The 49th edition of the World Money Fair in 2020 is approaching. Once again, the biggest mints and numismatic companies from all over the world will visit Berlin. Germania Mint will also participate in this event.
In association with this event, Germania Mint has produced special WMF 2020 blisterpack editions of five of their stellar offerings. Beautifully designed, and including the WMF logo, each special package is also sequentially numbered. The 2020 WMF editions have been limited to 500 pieces. The distinctiveness of this event and the extremely limited special packaging is sure to be a highly valued addition to your collection!
The Oak Leaf ‑ Highly Honored
The obverse displays a beautifully detailed image of an oak leaf and an acorn. A distinctive guilloche pattern fills the background, that really makes the images prominently stand out. Inscriptions “OAK LEAF . 999.9 FINE SILVER.” are displayed within a narrow band encircling the rim. An attractive texture fills the band.
Historically, the oak tree was very special to the Germanic peoples. As noted by the mint, “The design of the coin is devoted to the theme of an oak tree. The Germanic peoples treated this plant with greatest reverence, they worshiped the oak and believed that ghosts and gods lived inside it. It was also believed, that its fruit, acorns, were responsible for fertility, which was one of the magical abilities of an oak tree.”
The Bicephalous Eagle
The reverse boldly features the figure of the Bicephalous Eagle. The two-headed eagle is a symbol appearing in Roman mythology associated with Janus, the god of all origins, guardian of doors, gates, passages and bridges, the patron of allied agreements and arrangements. Heads facing the opposite symbolize the past and the future. The lightning bolts held in the claws of an eagle are a divine attribute, symbolizing strength and the power of creation and destruction. With the Oak Leaf is presented a refreshed image of the effigy of Germania Mint.
The inscriptions include “GERMANIA” at the top rim, and “2019 . 5 MARK” at the bottom. It should be noted that the “5 MARK” is symbolic only, and does not denote the silver round as having any actual face value as legal tender. The entire background is filled with the same attractive texture as displayed within the obverse rim-band.
- 2019 1 oz Silver Germania Oak Leaf (2020 WMF Edition).
- Inaugural release of new series.
- Extremely limited special event packaging of only 500 pieces!
- Contains: 1 Troy oz of 999.9 fine silver.
- Obverse: Displays a beautifully detailed oak leaf and acorn. Historically, the oak tree was very special to the Germanic peoples. The background is filled with a distinctive guilloche pattern. Inscriptions “OAK LEAF . 999.9 FINE SILVER.” are displayed within a narrow band encircling the rim. An attractive texture fills the band.
- Reverse: Features an exclusive design of the Bicephalous Eagle, prepared by Germania Mint to represent the moral principles and noble values that encompassed the historical land of Germania. This will be common to the series.
- Individual coins are encapsulated in distinctively designed, individually numbered 2020 WMF Edition blisterpacks.
- Denomination: 5 Germania Mark.
- Silver Round, not legal tender.
Germania Mint made quite an introduction of their design and production excellence with their remarkable first release of the gorgeous 2019 Germania 1 oz Silver and Gold Rounds, followed by the Allegories series. The reaction of the global precious metals community has been a resounding, “YES!” The beauty and distinctiveness of these two BU and Proof round designs was an overwhelming success. Also, the introduction of the Warrior series with the release of Berserk certainly set a high mark! Now joining the stellar line-up is the Germania Oak Leaf Silver and Gold in both BU and Proof editions.